Google+ is walking dead, Apple and Facebook are phone companies now, and more. Follow the latest hot stuff in the world of technology, design and communications.
Odds and ends
- Google+ will no longer be considered a product, but a platform – is this the end of the competition with other social networks like Facebook and Twitter?
- All of Apple’s growth and Facebook’s growth are coming from mobile and international – both are now officially mobile companies.
The world of Design
- Creative Packaging Designs – 25 Creative Packaging Designs That Practically Sell Themselves
- 4 Myths About User Experience — And How to Bust Them
- Seven Things Your Boss Needs to Know About UX
- UX Design Books’ Listing
- Why UX Designers Need to Think like Architects
- Case study: Tobii EyeMobile Takes Eye Tracking Technology to New Heights – Lessons in accessibility from the Design for Experience Awards
Top Five Development News of the week
- Principles of Token Validation – Back to basics sort of post talking about validation of authentication tokens. Pretty important knowledge in the times where authentication is so often outsourced to Windows Live, Facebook, Google, Twitter and others.
- HTML out of the Browser – It’s an exciting time for web-based developers. We’ve mastered the skills to be brilliant in the browser and now with exactly the same knowledge we can conquer the world of mobile and desktop devices. In this article you can read more on how to transfer what you already know to a new field of innovation and creativity out of the browser.
- 12 Little-Known CSS Facts – If you think that you know it all about CSS, please try to fathom that you might just as well be wrong. Check this article to see if you’ve already known all the described tricks. If you didn’t, remember – there is always something new to learn… even in the plain old CSS.
- Advanced animation path – A comprehensive tutorial on how to create advanced animations using SVG. The end effect is simply stunning!
- The designer’s guide to grid theory – If you feel that sticking to a pre-defined grid hurts your creativity, take a look at this article.