That we’re moving into a new era where everything is connected is a fact! We have collected the best weekly content for you from the world of design, technology and beyond.
Internet of Everything
TVs, cars, watches and all other consumer tools – everything will be connected! Check out the key trends and forecast for the whole Internet ecosystem – Internet Of Things by BI Intelligence. A small proof that it is not a fiction – Android Wear, an operating system for smartwatches.
Bits and pieces
- The first in-depth interview with Jonathan Ive, Steve Jobs’s spiritual partner by John Arlidge.
- Free software from Microsoft? Why not – Microsoft announced OneNote as a free tool striving to popularize OneDrive usage.
- The doctor will see you on screen. Read more about telemedicine – one of the hottest trends of tomorrow.
- Empathy explained using a dry-erase marker.
- What good is information? The problem with an overload.
- I tried and I failed… 5 Brain Teasers That Will Have You Scratching Your Head – Give it a shot!
The world of Design
- Are We Thinking About Digital All Wrong? One of our colleagues saw this presentation live in Oxford on Smashing Conference. He says this manifesto is definitively interesting. More news from the conference coming soon…
- How To Plan Your Next Mobile E-Commerce Website. Figures don’t lie. Be prepared for your next mobile site. A nice review with all the information you need: Type of Mobile shoppers, Brands vs. poor performance etc.
- How Mature is Your Organization when it Comes to UX? If you want to check the level of UX in your company, it is a must-read article!
- Case study: New BBC iPlayer: redesign insights; Making the new iPlayer accessible for all.
And now for something completely different…
Three Front-End bites
- Have you ever noticed that RWD sites tend to look alike? Do the technique limit us to use certain aesthetics or are we creating the web blindly following the latest trends? Why RWD Looks Like RWD – An interesting article touching this discussion.
- Sass 3.3 is Released – Take a look on how one of the best CSS preprocessors grows to match programmers expectations. It has loops, conditional directives and now also associative arrays. Writing CSS has never felt so empowering!
- Redesigning IMDB – An attempt to redesign one of the most widely used website out there –IMDB. It’s an experiment performed by two designers not connected with IMDB development team. A creative way to learn, look for answers and grow as a designer.