Here is our weekly selection of content from the first days of March. Enjoy!
Top Development News of the Week
- Knockout.js 3.1 Released – Ryan Niemeyer talks about his favorite new features in KO 3.1 while Steve Sanderson lists all the changes in 3.1 release notes.
- How to debug small programs – What to do when it does not work. The focus of this one is on small programs, but I guess the techniques can and should be applied to any program.
- Responsive Strategy – A good article on approaches to adding responsiveness to non-responsive projects.
- Responsive Patterns – A collection of approved and tested patterns of most commonly used responsive elements.
- The Magic Circle – Quite a challenging CSS riddle.
- Rethinking Responsive SVG – Interesting attempt to using icons in a responsive way.
- Usability Tip: Intuitive Design Clears Confusion
- Chris Farnum – Wireframing Strategies
- How to Help Your Users Take Action
- Cloudwash: the connected washing machine – We have seen Jack’s last talk on the Mesh/Oslo last Thursday. It was an awesome presentation, very interesting, motivating and extremely hilarious.
- Tool: How To Use Analytics To Build A Smarter Mobile Website
- Case study: BBC News website: responsive design in beta
- Check out Dumbstruck! Send A Message And Capture The Reaction with Dumbstruck – a different take on video messaging.
- Do you like pizza? Of course you do! Everyone likes it :) You will also like Pizza Hut’s concept – pizza ordering experience.
- The problem with easy technology by Tim Wu – Author tries to answer a question: “Just how demanding do we want our technologies to be?”. The obvious answer is that it should be as easy as possible. It turns out that not necessarily.
- CRACOW | 4 seasons – Take a tour of Cracow… all seasons at the same time