New designer show on Netflix, Amazon dominates the cloud, Facebook fights LinkedIn, a new disruptive card game, and artistic infographics. Here are the best weekly issues!
- The Dutch bank ING has established a “war room” for digital transformation
- What will Fintech services offer in the future? A US lending service helps customers to get a job… and a romantic partner.
10 OF THE BEST FROM DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
- Netflix’s new show “Abstract” tells the stories of Rock Star designers. It’s comparable to Chef’s Table.
- A closer look at our Atomic Workflow in action – by the Nordnet design studio.
- Why Amazon has such a big lead in the cloud.
- Boston’s new website shows that municipality portals do not have to be boring.
- Who takes the lead in the smart machine age?
- Memory is an intelligent timeline showing everything you have worked on – automatically
- htmlreference.io is a free guide to HTML
- Uber hires veteran NASA engineer to develop flying cars
- We think that this is a great website that encourages Dutch youth to vote by an impending election. But we’re not completely sure since Dutch is a very strange language!
- Gary Vaynerchuk on life as an entrepreneur, trends and ideas:
THE STATE OF VR
We are naturally hesitant to VR as a mass market phenomenon. Therefore it’s interesting to read that Best Buy closes down half of its Oculus demo stations. More about VR:
MEDIA AND APPS
- New Chrome extension, Data Selfie, offers an easy way to find out what Facebook knows about you.
- Peanut is a new app for mothers to “swipe right” and find new friends.
- Neurologist-technologists, with knowledge of the effects of Dopamine, helped to create addictive apps. Now they have developed an app called Space, which does exactly the opposite. A great business for the age of social media!
- Make Trump’s tweets eight again
- Pointer Pointer
- Arty infographics
- Disrupt Cards – Silicon Valley’s version of Cards Against Humanity
- Join Tom on his journey around the world in an effort to make it a better place.
- Watch pom-pom crabs fight over tiny anemones, which they hold like boxing gloves
Have a good week!