What’s going on? What’s the latest in the world of design, technology and communications? Read on to find out what happened last week.
Bits and pieces
- What You Think You Know About the Web Is Wrong – Is it?
- Microsoft is bringing back the Start Menu… finally! Another big news from MS – the price of Windows which is cut to $0! Unfortunately, it’s only for screens smaller than 9 inches.
- How to maximize your afternoon break? Lifehack your lunch: 8 scientifically proven ways to maximize your mid-day break - If you are an optimization fan you can find a few tips how to optimize a break.
- iPhone vs. Android - Things That iPhone Users Say That Drive Android Users Crazy
- ‘Social crush’ on markets - Look How Much Facebook, LinkedIn, And Twitter Got Crushed In The Last Week
- Spotify sharing thoughts on the business culture:
Top eight Design News of the week
- Tool: Prototype the design of website in Photoshop
- Tool: A template with a grid system based on the flex display property
- Inspiration: Kazikowa blog with beautiful and unique illustrations
- Inspiration: Designing the least user friendly products imaginable just for fun
- Freebies: Awesome freebies for Web Designers
- Freebies: The 100 Greatest Free Fonts for 2014
- Tutorial: Make Retro Text Effects in Illustrator
- Participatory Design in Healthcare - Patients and doctors can bridge critical information gaps.
The World of Development
- Paralyzed by Choice in Front-end Development by Brian Rinaldi - Are you overwhelmed with the number of new tools, libraries and frameworks? In the article you will find ideas how to avoid it.
- The Values of the Web by Brad Frost - An optimistic point of view on the Web.
- Spring-cleaning Unused CSS With Grunt, Gulp, Broccoli or Brunch – Spring is here! And time for spring cleaning too.
- Rollers! by Anna Tudor – stunning art created with CSS by CSS artist Anna Tudor. She creates wonders with CSS. You can find more here: Anna on codepen.io, Anna on cssconf.
Yet another business meeting…
Engineer vs. Manager ‘battle’ ;)